Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has immediate full-time and part-time positions available for Engineering Technicians to develop/change Maintenance procedures in accordance with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles for Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) and equipment, working with NSLC and SUBMEPP as tasked by customer to coordinate/resolve TFBRs.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems with 10 or more years’ experience. Must be experienced and knowledgeable with; all facets of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the US Navy Material Maintenance and Management (3-M) and Planned Maintenance System (PMS).
- Have the ability to read and interpret various ship drawings for HM&E Systems, Electronics Systems or Combat Systems.
- Have a basic understanding of National Stock Numbers and how they are applied and cross referenced in Navy Allowance Parts Lists (APLs).
- Must have been previously certified in Classic RCM (Level II) and Backfit Analysis (Level I). Current certification in Classic RCM (Level II) and Backfit Analysis (Level I) is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office programs (WORD, EXCEL, etc.,) required.
- Current RCM Level I or Level II Certification is a plus.
- If not RCM certified, successful applicant will be registered and enrolled in the earliest available RCM LEVEL I and LEVEL II course. Continued employment with Q.E.D. is dependent upon successful completion of RCM LEVEL I and LEVEL II courses.
Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED and be a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools, or in lieu of military tech school, additional 5 years’ experience.
Security Clearance: Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain at a minimum a Confidential Government security clearance.
Drug testing and criminal/personal background checks required before hiring.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: William Simunek; firstname.lastname@example.org.