Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm has multiple immediate full-time positions available for Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technicians to provide HM&E system support services such as: develop/change maintenance sketches, redline drawings for Ship Change design or installation, and/or develop testing or maintenance procedures in accordance with Navy standards.
Job Requirements/skill sets: Have a basic understanding of US Navy Hull, Mechanical and Electrical Systems (HM&E), Electronics Systems, Combat Systems or marine systems. Duties include:
- Support Testing for U.S. Navy Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) components. Develop test procedures, design functional test systems, witness testing, and prepare test reports. Experience with EQT shock, vibration, and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) testing is preferred.
- Perform shipchecks, prepare system specifications, and develop design drawings for new installation and modification of existing HM&E systems and components. Experience with Fire Detection and Damage Control equipment is preferred.
- Read, interpret, and troubleshoot HM&E systems using various Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), including structural/arrangement drawings, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Develop 2D drawings and 3D models of electrical diagrams, new and modified mechanical components, and equipment foundations.
- Perform calculations, including fluid resistance of piping systems, stress analysis of mechanical components and foundations, weight and center of gravity, etc.
- Revise and prepare HM&E logistics documentation, including Technical Manuals, Maintenance Requirements Cards (MRCs), parts lists, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise to equipment technical assistance teams in the assessment, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of shipboard equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of H.S Diploma or GED
- 3 to 5 years of experience in technician area of expertise
- Preferred candidates will have military or marine industry experience
All current or former military are encourage to apply.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
Candidate will currently possess or be able to obtain at a minimum a Secret Government security clearance. Drug screening is required before hiring. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: William Simunek, email@example.com.