Job Description: The candidate will assist in curriculum development,
coordinating and conducting Fiber Optic and Occupational Safety matters.
Candidate will work with management to create and deliver training programs for
clients in classroom, Shipboard and Training Lab environments.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
· 10 years of experience as a trained US Navy Fiber Optic Technician.
· 4 years of experience in conducting classroom instruction and hands-on
· Master Training Specialist is highly preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of the adult learning theory and curriculum
· Perform as an Instructor for Fiber Optics.
· Perform as a Subject Matter Expert.
· Develop classroom guides, conduct practical training, and give
Examinations in mock-ups.
· Instruct students in reading, interpreting, and following blueprints,
Technical drawings, process instructions, and technical manuals.
· Will be required to conduct on the job training for military and ship repair
· Must be familiar with Navy instruction techniques and all Navy test
equipment required to teach Navy fiber optic technician course.
· Ability to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat,
humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of
vessels. May require wearing a respirator.
· 5% CONUS yearly travel expectations. OCONUS travel possible.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen, be eligible for a government security clearance
and possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education Requirements: Candidate must be graduates of a High School, Trade
or Industrial School. An Associate’s Degree or Significant work towards a
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 10 years of relevant experience.
Job Contact information: Submit resume for this position by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
EOE, including disability/vets