Job Description: The candidate will assist in curriculum development, coordinating and conducting insulation, watertight closure, various trade courses, and Occupational Safety matters. Candidate will work with management to create and deliver training programs for clients in classroom, Shipboard and Training Lab environments.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- 10 years of experience as a trained US Navy Insulator.
- 4 years of experience in conducting classroom instruction and hands-on skills training.
- Master Training Specialist is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the adult learning theory and curriculum development processes.
- Perform as an Instructor for Insulation training.
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Develop classroom guides, conduct practical training, and give
examinations in mock-ups.
- Instruct students in reading, interpreting, and following blueprints,
technical drawings, process instructions, and technical manuals.
- Will be required to conduct on the job training for military and ship repair industries.
- Must be familiar with Navy instructional techniques and Navy insulation materials and equipment required to insulation.
- Ability to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May require wearing a respirator.
- 5% CONUS yearly travel expectations. OCONUS travel possible.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, be eligible for a government security clearance and possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education Requirements: An Associate’s Degree or Significant work towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 10 years of relevant experience is preferred.
EOE, including disability/vets