Job Description: The selected candidate shall report directly to the Supervisory Planner/Estimator and shall be responsible for writing Work Specifications, conducting ship checks, and estimating labor, material and subcontractor work at the paragraph and line-item level for U.S. Navy Ship repair work, alterations and modifications. Candidates will develop work items/specifications in accordance with Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) 4-E requirements by utilizing NAVSEA instructions and pertinent NAVSEA Standard Items, and Class and Local Standard Work Templates. This position is within the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) division working CMAVs, and requires familiarity with the LCS platform.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Candidates must have knowledge of U.S. Navy ship construction, shipboard systems and equipment
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates should be familiar with working in the Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) and using available application programs to develop work items/specification and labor, material and cost estimates in accordance with NAVSEA instructions and directives
- Candidates shall be capable of assessing ship’s material condition by conducting ship checks, researching ship drawings, technical manuals, analyzing ship condition assessments and tests, and determine scope of work required by reviewing and validating Work Notifications (2-Kilos)
- Candidates shall also be capable of interpreting and using all technical and material information available in Navy, Shipbuilder and Manufacturer drawings, technical manuals, documents, or equipment manufacturer’s data and/or pertinent commercial data to identify repair and modification requirements to identify, price, and order materials
- Must have a current and valid Driver’s License
- Must be able and willing to travel both inside and outside of Continental United States
Education Requirements: Individual shall have a high school diploma/GED. Training will be provided to eligible candidates.
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be able to meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and/or be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Benefits: Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
EOE, including disability/vets: Q.E.D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Contact information: Please send resumes to Maritsa Sonderman email@example.com