JOB DESCRIPTION: Q.E.D. Systems, Inc., an established marine engineering, planning and ship modernization company, is seeking a Lead Training Instructor. This candidate must be experienced in maritime trade or military technical training and training facility management.
RESPONSIBILITIES: build a training facility from scratch, to include teaching courses, business development, and building a customer base.
- Develop instructional materials (Captivate objects, PowerPoint lectures, trainees guides, audio and video scripts, story boards, tests, etc.) that transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction
- Manage attendance lists, Q&A follow ups, project evaluations, and communicating relevant information to internal stakeholders
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and content requirements
- Be able to instruct hands on training of at least basic lagging/insulation, brush and roll painting, basic rigging and weight handling, OSHA-10, fire watch to start.
- Identify program training gaps based on attendee feedback and engagement, program effectiveness evaluations, and process reviews
JOB REQUIREMENTS SKILLSETS:
10 years advanced technical experience in marine systems and the inspection/repair of naval surface ships and/or submarines systems. Must have 5 years of experience in conducting classroom and hands-on training. Experience with curriculum development and management highly desired. Military “Master Training Specialist” designation highly desired.
Security Clearance: Be able to obtain security clearance
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org