Job Description: Q.E.D. SYSTEMS, INC., a local Marine Engineering firm, has an immediate, full-time position available for an experienced Logistician to support Navy Acquisition and New Construction Logistics Programs.
Job Duties: The candidate will provide Logistics Program support for Navy Acquisition and New Construction Logistics Programs. Candidate will work with multiple customers and platforms, prioritizing work to meet changing customer needs and emergent requests. Candidate will handle large quantities of data accurately and efficiently. Candidate will prepare reports and briefs in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Candidate will represent Q.E.D. and customers at virtual and in-person meetings with vendors, contractors, NSWCPD stakeholders, and sponsors, where candidate will provide logistic expertise and guidance as needed to support development of ILS products for USN.
- Communicate effectively with government logistics and program personnel
- Track ILS performance metrics (MS Excel)
- Perform data analysis
- Prepare and present status briefs and reports
- Attend meetings and produce accurate meeting minutes and action item lists
- Represent customer at high level meetings
- Provide logistic expertise and guidance as needed
- Coordinate CDRL reviews among multiple stakeholders, adjudicate review comments, attend and document comment adjudication meetings
- Travel (as required, up to 25%) to customer or sponsor site for meetings and program reviews
Job requirements/skill sets:
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project) skills
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in Logistics/Product Support areas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to be highly reliable and capable of meeting emergent deadlines consistently
- Ability to handle high volume of work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to shift priorities in a fast-paced environment and respond quickly to emergent requests
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking/troubleshooting skills
Highly Desirable requirements:
- Three to five years’ experience in logistics, Navy preferred
- Technical understanding of Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems for various USN ship classes is a plus
- Understanding of the development of Logistics/Engineering technical documentation: Technical Manuals, Planned Maintenance, Provisioning, etc.
- Experience using DoD/Navy databases (TDMIS, CDMD-OA, NDE, etc.)
- Experience reading and understanding contract-related documents (SOWs, RFPs, federal standards, CDRL requirements, etc.)
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university (Military/DoD and/or contractor experience in lieu of education may be considered)
Security Clearance: The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Job Contact information: Please send resume to QED Systems, Inc. Attention: Kisha White, email@example.com (267)514-1676.
EOE M/F: QED is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets