Job Description: The candidate will possess five years’ experience in maritime trade or military mechanical/outside machinist discipline. The candidate must be able to comply with all applicable safety regulations, work under industrial repair conditions, work in confined spaces, and climb vertical/inclined ladders. The individual must be able to interpret naval drawings, identify valves and pumps, hydraulic systems, and fire mains. Understanding of technical documents including controlled work procedures (CWP), formal work procedures (FWP), test documents, and reports is preferred.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- Experienced (6+ years) Marine Mechanic/Outside Machinist with a complete understanding of production processes and specialty trades functions and tools.
- Full comprehension of standard industry safety procedures, Controlled Work Packages (CWP), Formal Work Packages (FWP).
- Provide basic mechanical tools
- Successfully demonstrate the skills and ability to work on valves, pumps, and hydraulics.
- Familiarity with mechanical operations of Vertical Package Conveyors, Fire Mains, AC Systems, and Shipboard Laundry.
- Ability to conduct laser and magnetic alignments.
- Remove and repair or replace damaged parts of ships structure.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight will be determined by the specific job but no less than 30 pounds.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces
- Ability to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May require wearing a respirator.
- As the ship is undergoing a mid-life refueling and complex overhaul, may be exposed to fumes and irritants including welding/burning fumes, paints, oils, greases and various cleaning solutions and solvents, noise, high heat and humidity hazards while wearing the required Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
- Apply understanding of production and processes to assignments
- Will be required to conduct on the job training for Sailors. The training will be conducted while affecting actual repairs to equipment on board ship.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, be eligible for a government security clearance and possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be able to meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. Secret Clearance and/or be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Q.E.D. offers competitive benefits such as: Paid Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(k) retirement plan, Basic Life Insurance, supplemental insurances, and Employee Assistance Program.
EOE, including disability/vets