Salary Range: $22.00 – $27.50 / Hour
Job Description: Qualified individual with a minimum experience of 5 years in Welding and/or Brazing applications. The individual will report directly to the Foreman or Project Supervisor that is responsible for executing the project. The candidate must be able to comply with all applicable safety regulations, work under industrial repair conditions, work in confined spaces, and climb vertical/inclined ladders. The individual must be able to join metal components together through the process of welding or brazing in both shop and shipboard environments, lay out work to be accomplished, select materials required to accomplish removals / installations / repairs / alterations, and cut / burn / grind surfaces (as directed).
Job Requirements/skill sets:
- The candidate must have experience and successfully demonstrate the skills and ability to certify to QED Weld Procedures for at least two metals (OSS, HY, SS, AL, or CuNi).
- The candidate must have experience in at least two welding processes (SMAW, FCAW, GMAW, or GTAW).
- The candidate must also be able to read, interpret, and follow blueprints or technical drawings and understand associated welding symbols.
- The candidate must have prior NAVSEA, ABS, or AWS certification as a welder.
- All applicants must provide a resume, be eligible for a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) credential.
Education Requirements: Individual shall have a high school diploma/GED.
Security Clearance/Naval Facility Access: U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible for and be able to maintain a Secret Clearance. Be able to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
Job Contact information: Email: email@example.com
Phone Number: 619-802-0020 Ext 6103, Fax: 619-802-0022
EOE, including disability/vets: QED is an equal opportunity employer.