Job Description: An established engineering firm has an immediate opening in its Virginia Beach office for a Material Manager. This manager will be responsible for logistical and administrative support for the Engineering and Design Planning Yard tasks of United States Naval Amphibious class ships.
Management Responsibilities: Responsibilities include assisting with daily/weekly meetings with purchasing and production to ensure materials related issues are being addressed promptly. The Material Manager will track metrics and ensure consistence between engineering departments, run weekly reports to check against MBOMs, identifying process improvement opportunities, and ensure material requisitions
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in management of U.S. Navy ships and equipment support material.
- Experience must include inventory management, material sourcing, material expediting, material tracking, and shipping and receiving, material kitting, of CFM, GFM, and IUID.
- Experience in developing/reviewing engineering bill of materials and integrating with ERP systems, knowledge of raw material and equipment used in shipbuilding
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior Government officials.
- Must be familiar with working in a SUPSHIP/Naval shipyard environment including both planning and engineering organizations.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and transit decks on Navy vessels and the harsh environments found in shipyards and shipboard compartments.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Education: Individual shall possess a High school diploma or GED, trade or industrial school, or a graduate of military technical schools “A” and “C” schools.
Security Clearance: This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a Secret Clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
EOE/M/F/D/V: Q.E.D. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled Welcome.
Must be able to pass a drug test and background check prior to hiring.